Domains-Moriartys Domain Model-based on the idea that messages have impact on
consumer responses, not in steps but simultaneously.
The three key effects are
The idea is that a message can engage consumers’ perceptions (attention, interest),
educate them (think, learn) and persuade them (change attitude and behavior) all at same
EX. Better Bricks Ad “Your client gets burned”
The traditional approaches to defining the effects of advertising pose two problems:
The presumption of a set of steps as a predictable pattern of response
Missing effects (brand communication)
A six factor model is useful for setting objectives and evaluating the effectiveness of
advertising. Effective advertising creates six types of consumer responses….
1. See/hear (perception)-exposure, selection, attention, interest/relevance, awareness,
2. Feel (emotion)-want/desire, feelings, liking, resonance
3.think/understand (cognition)-need, cognitive learning, differentiation, recall
4. Believe (persuasion)- motivation, influence, involvement, conviction,
believability/credibility, preference and intention, loyalty
5. Connect (association)-symbolism, conditioned learning, transformation
6. Act/do (behavior)- trial, buying, contacting, advocating, referral,
See/Hear: Perception Facet
process by which we receive information through our five senses and assign
meeting to it.