DV-530 - DV-530 COURT COUNTY.OF How to Enforce Your Order...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: DV-530 COURT COUNTY .OF. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ......... .. : How to Enforce Your Order : Index No. Calendar No. Get copies. Get copies of your restraining order and Proof of Service from :the court clerk: JUDICIAL SUBPOENA Plaintiff(s) ■ Keep 1 copy with you, always. You may need to show it to the police. -against: ■ Keep another copy in a safe place. ■ Give a copy to anyone else protected by the order. : ■ Take copies to places where the restrained person is ordered not to go (school, work, daycare, etc.) : ■ Give a copy to the security officers in your apartment or office buildings. ■ Make sure your local police have a copy, too. Ask them to enter it into CLETS, a special computer system Defendant(s) : . . . that. lets. police .all . . . . .the .state. find. out .about. your . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . over . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . order. If any problems, call the police. Call the police right away if the restrained person violates any of the orders. Also: THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK ■ Write down what happened, when, where, and the names of any TOwitnesses. ■ Get copies of police reports. ■ If you are hurt, get copies of medical reports. Show the police a copy of your orders. If the restrained person is there, ask the officer to serve theYOU, that allthe policeand enter the Proof of aside, you and each of you attend before WE COMMAND orders. Ask business to excuses being laid Service into CLETS. , the Honorable at the Court located at County of If you’re in danger, call 911! in room can arrest. the , on day of , 20 , at o'clock in the noon, and at any recessed Police or adjourned date, to testify and give orders. as a witness in this action on the part of the evidence It is a crime to disobey the judge’s The restrained person can: ■ Be fined or ■ Go toYour failure to comply with this subpoena is punishable as a contempt of court and will make you liable to jail the party on whose behalf this subpoena was issued for a maximum penalty of $50 and all damages sustained as a Ask of your failure to attorney resultyour local district comply. (D.A.) how he or she will handle your case. The D.A. may file criminal Even if you haven’t served the orders yet, call the police. GREETINGS: charges. You can always call the D.A. for information about a criminal case. You can also file aHonorable Witness, civil contempt action. Ask the court clerk for forms. , one of the Justices of the County, day of , 20 Court in Guns The restrained person cannot: ■ own (Attorney must sign above and type name below) ■ have ■ buy or try to buy a gun or firearm while the order is in effect. If the person does, he or she can Attorney(s) for go to jail and pay a fine of $1,000. Office and P.O. Address Judicial Council of California www.courtinfo.ca.gov New January 1, 2003 How to Enforce Your Order (Domestic Violence Prevention) Telephone No.: Facsimile No.: E-Mail Address: Mobile Tel. No.: DV-530, Page 1 of 1 American LegalNet, Inc. www.USCourtForms.com ...
View Full Document

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Ask a homework question - tutors are online