chp 16 test bank - CHAPTER 16—RISK ANALYSIS MULTIPLE...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: CHAPTER 16—RISK ANALYSIS MULTIPLE CHOICE 1. Economic risk is a situation where: a. only outcome possibilities are not known. b. only outcome probabilities are not known. c. neither outcome possibilities nor outcome probabilities are known. d. none of these. ANS: C 2. The chance of loss associated with a given managerial decision is: a. market risk. b. inflation risk. c. credit risk. d. business risk. ANS: D 3. The difficulty of selling corporate assets at favorable prices under typical market conditions is: a. derivative risk. b. cultural risk. c. liquidity risk. d. currency risk. ANS: C 4. Following an increase in the risk-free rate, the certainty equivalent adjustment factor α will: a. rise for risk adverse investors. b. fall for risk adverse investors. c. fall for risk seeking investors. d. none of these. ANS: D 5. The minimum expected opportunity loss associated with a decision equals the: a. worst outcome under the best case scenario. b. cost of uncertainty. c. incremental cost. d. best outcome under the worst case scenario. ANS: B 6. A decision standard that selects the alternative with the best of the worst possible outcomes is: a. game theory. b. the maximin criterion. c. the minimax criterion. d. sensitivity analysis. ANS: B 7. Economic risk is the: a. variance of total profit. b. standard deviation of total profit. c. coefficient of variation for total profit. d. chance of loss. ANS: D 8. A probability distribution for total profit is a list of: a. possible events. b. probabilities. c. possible events and probabilities. d. occurrences. ANS: C 9. A project with a 75% chance of earning $4,000 in profit and a 25% chance of earning $12,000 in profit has an expected value of: a. $8,000 b. $10,000 c. $16,000 d. $6,000 ANS: D 10. A project with a 50% chance of earning $0 and a 50% chance of earning $100 has a standard deviation of: a. $100 b. $50 c. $75 d. $0 ANS: B 11. For two projects of differing sizes, the project that is less risky has the: a. highest standard deviation. b. highest coefficient of variation. c. lowest coefficient of variation. d. highest expected profit. ANS: C 12. If profits are normally distributed with a mean of $12 and a standard deviation of $4, there is a 50/50 chance actual profits will exceed: a. $12 b. $8 c. $16 d. $4 ANS: A 13. Risk neutrality implies a(n): a. constant marginal utility of income. b. diminishing marginal utility of income. c. increasing marginal utility of income. d. constant utility of income. ANS: A 14. For a risk seeker the marginal utility of money is: a. constant. b. increasing. c. positive. d. diminishing. ANS: B 15. A certainty-equivalent adjustment factor α = 0.8 is consistent with risk: a. neutrality....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 03/08/2011 for the course ECONABA 635 taught by Professor Leiter during the Summer '10 term at Andrew Jackson.

Page1 / 34

chp 16 test bank - CHAPTER 16—RISK ANALYSIS MULTIPLE...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online