news_060707 - WAL-MART STORES, INC. 800-331-0085...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
WAL-MART STORES, INC. 800-331-0085 www.walmartstores.com/news FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Investor Relations Contacts Investor Relations 479-273-8446 Carol Schumacher 479-277-1498 Anthony Clark & Pauline Mohler 479-277-9558 Media Relations Contact John Simley 800-331-0085 Wal-Mart Reports May Sales BENTONVILLE, Ark., Jun. 7, 2007 --- Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) reported net sales for the four-week and 17-week periods ending Jun. 1, 2007, and Jun. 2, 2006, respectively, as follows (dollars in billions): Percent Percent 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 Change 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 Change Wal-Mart Stores 18.073 $ 17.138 $ 5.5% 74.632 $ 70.741 $ 5.5% Sam's Club 3.546 3.281 8.1% 14.133 13.274 6.5% International 6.639 5.814 14.2% 27.110 23.294 16.4% Total Company 28.258 $ 26.233 $ 7.7% 115.875 $ 107.309 $ 8.0% Net Sales 17 Weeks Ended 4 Weeks Ended Comparable store sales for the four-week and 17-week periods ending Jun. 1, 2007, and Jun. 2, 2006, respectively, were as follows: 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 Wal-Mart Stores 0.3% 3.1% 0.3% 3.1% 0.0% 0.0% Sam's Club 5.4% 4.4% 6.4% 5.7% 1.0% 1.3% Total U.S. 1.1% 3.3% 1.3% 3.5% 0.2% 0.2% Four Weeks Comparable Store Sales Fuel Impact Without Fuel With Fuel 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 6/1/2007 6/2/2006 Wal-Mart Stores 0.1% 3.3% 0.1% 3.3% 0.0% 0.0% Sam's Club 4.9% 4.3% 4.8% 5.0% -0.1% 0.7% Total U.S. 0.8% 3.4% 0.8% 3.6% 0.0% 0.2% Seventeen Weeks Comparable Store Sales Fuel Impact Without Fuel With Fuel
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
2 Wal-Mart Stores For the May four-week period, sales at the Wal-Mart Stores segment were stronger in grocery than general merchandise. Perishables had a solid performance for the period, driven by strong comparable store sales in bread and dairy. Sales of live plants and lawn and garden items were above plan during the May period, as customers focused on outdoor planting and landscaping. Apparel and home continue to be soft.
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 3

news_060707 - WAL-MART STORES, INC. 800-331-0085...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online