ClinicalMicroLabSyllabusFall2010

ClinicalMicroLabSyllabusFall2010 - Syllabus for Clinical...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Syllabus for Clinical Microbiology Laboratory Bio2001 Fall Semester 2010 Instructors and Contact Information: Michelle H. McGowan, Ph.D. Room 248E, BioLife Science Bldg. Phone: 215-204-6141 Email: mcgowanm@temple.edu Office Hours: Wednesday 8-9 AM; Thursday 12-1 PM; Friday 10:30-12:30 PM Angela L. Bricker, Ph.D. Room: 248K, BioLife Science Bldg. Phone: 215-204-8578 Email: angela.bricker@temple.edu Office Hours: Laboratory: All Labs Meet in Room 128, BioLife Science Bldg. Section 001 – Tuesday 9:30 – 12:20 PM Section 002 – Tuesday 1:30 – 4:20 PM Section 003 – Wednesday 9:00 – 11:50 AM Section 005 – Thursday 9:30 – 12:20 PM Section 006 – Thursday 1:30 – 4:20 PM Section 007 – Friday 9:00 – 11:50 AM Section 009 – Wednesday 5:00 – 7:50 PM Section 010 – Wednesday 1:00 – 3:50 PM Section 011 – Fridays 1:00 – 3:50 PM Laboratory Materials: Lab Manual: Laboratory Manual and Workbook in Microbiology Applications to Patient Care by Morello, J.A., Mizer, H.E., and Granato, P.A., ninth edition, McGraw Hill Publishing Lab coats, gloves, and protective eyewear will be provided. Regarding proper clothing, legs and feet must be covered. Anyone wearing shorts or open-toed shoes will be denied entry to lab. A formal lab notebook is not required, but you should bring a standard notebook in which to keep notes and record data. 1
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Attendance: Laboratory attendance is MANDATORY . Students are permitted one (1) lab absence per semester due to a valid reason such as illness, injury, family emergency, or religious observance. If possible, try to make up the missed lab period during the same week. Otherwise, you will not receive credit for any work performed during that week of lab. Two (2) missed labs will result in a 20% final lab score deduction. Three (3) or more missed labs will result in your repeating the entire course. Also note, you MUST attend the lab section for which you are registered. You are only permitted to attend one (1) lab section for which you are not registered. A 5% deduction will be taken from your total lab score for each additional occurrence. For instance, if you have a total score of 300 but attended two (2) labs sections for which you were not registered, 15 points (5%) will bring your score down to 285. If this happened three (3) times, a 10% deduction (30 points) will bring your score down to 270 and so forth. Lateness:
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 03/31/2011 for the course BIO 2001 taught by Professor Mcgowan during the Spring '10 term at Temple.

Page1 / 7

ClinicalMicroLabSyllabusFall2010 - Syllabus for Clinical...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online