Questions 1-25, Multiple Choice:
1.5 points each. Circle the best answer here and fill in your bubble
sheet. This part of the exam is graded using the bubble sheets only.
1. If you had hypertension, you would want to take a medication that does which of the following:
b. Increase ADH production
e. Increase diastolic pressure
c. Increase systolic pressure
2. Blood plasma glycoprotein called
is converted by protein
, which, together with
, forms a mesh network or clot that stops blood loss.
Fibrinogen, Thrombin, Fibrin, Blood Platelets
b. Thrombin, Fibrin, Blood Platelets, Fibrinogen
c. Fibrin, Blood Platelets, Fibrinogen, Thrombin
d. Blood Platelets, Fibrinogen, Thrombin, Fibrin
3. Of the following conditions, which one results from an inflammation of the lungs that leads to an
accumulation of fluid and reduces lung function?
4. Where does gas exchange occur inside the human lungs?
5. During muscular contraction and relaxation, when is ATP energy NOT required?
a. Bend the Myosin filament
d. Re-absorb calcium ions
b. Separate the Actin and Myosin filaments
e. None of the above are correct
Myosin grabs Actin filaments
provides the slowest source of ATP energy and lasts the longest, while the
provides the fastest source of ATP energy and lasts for the shortest time.
a. Aerobic respiration, phosphagen
d. Phosphagen, aerobic respiration
b. Aerobic respiration, glycolytic
e. Glycolytic, phosphagen
c. Phosphagen, glycolytic
7. Of the following, which is caused by a Vitamin D deficiency resulting in a softening of the bones.
b. Spina bifida
c. Rheumatoid arthritis
8. Which of the following is a symbiotic relationship between a fungus and a green algae or a
9. Which of the following organisms forms a beneficial symbiotic relationship with plant roots to help the
plant get Nitrogen?