StatsQuiz4-1Spring

StatsQuiz4-1Spring - Name: _ Quiz #4 (Chapters 11 and 12)...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Name: __________________________ Quiz #4 (Chapters 11 and 12) 1. A large manufacturer of batteries knows that, historically, 10% of its batteries come off the production line defective, and the remaining 90% come off the production line in working condition. Conduct a simulation to estimate how many batteries the company needs to pull off the production line in order to be sure of ending up with 10 working batteries. a. Describe how you will use a random number table to conduct this simulation. b. Show three trials by clearly labeling the random number table given below. Specify the outcome of each trial Trial 1: 10242 50692 18977 28370 82669 83236 77479 90618 43707 78695 Trial 2: 81183 48554 60809 39996 81915 25404 33366 92082 04822 79866 Trial 3: 06765 67041 20479 54612 13411 36837 69983 53082 43589 27865 c. State your conclusion:
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
2. Administrators of the fire department are concerned about the possibility of implementing a new property tax to raise moneys needed to replace old equipment. They decide to check on
Background image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

StatsQuiz4-1Spring - Name: _ Quiz #4 (Chapters 11 and 12)...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online