- nearly one million americans dieting each year from coronary heart disease.
- approx. 1/2 of these deaths are due to sudden heart attacks.
- out of the 1/2 , most die within two hours of the onset symptoms.
CVD RISK FACTORS
- uncontrollable: Heredity (present at conception), congenital (present after conception
but before birth), age,
- controllable: smoking, diet, hypertension, obesity, diabetes, lack of exercise.
CVD RELATED CONDITIONS
- heart murmurs.
- atherosclerosis- a type of hardening of the artery .
. thrombus, embolus, occlusion.
- CVA stands for: Cerebrovascular Accident, stroke and results from a thrombus,
aneurysm, or hemorrhage.
-MI stands for: myocardial infarction, heart attack.
SYMPTOMS OF A HEART ATTACK
- uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, or pain in the chest that can spread to the neck,
shoulders, arms, or upper back.
- Dizziness, feinting, sweating, nausea, indigestion, heartburn, or shortness of breath
may also occur.
THREE CHOICES OF ACTION
-doing nothing is far often the first action that is taken and it is unacceptable.
-you can call 911.
-or take to the medical facility.