{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Change Management - Change Management Role Play Guidelines...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Change Management Role Play Guidelines: This role-play involves several groups of five people (or more) preparing for and contributing to a 'management meeting'. The session facilitator will provide feedback during the session on each group's results. Key learnings from the session will be summarized by the facilitator at the end of the session, for discussion amongst all groups. Each group has the following roles nominated: 1 Logistics Manager who will take the role of making a brief presentation at the meeting 1 CEO who will chair the meeting and present a summary of the Company's Supply Chain Strategy following the meeting 1 IT Manager who will present the group's agreed IT action plan following the meeting 1 (or more) Marketing & Sales Managers 1 (or more) Finance Managers
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
1. You have been assigned the role of: 2. You are in Group No.:___________. Before the session: 3. Read the following information on Worldwide Widgets Ltd and the 'Background Briefing Notes'. 4. Note the points that you think are relevant to your role. 5. Note any assumptions that you think are required to made. (allow approximately one hour to prepare for this session) Durinq the session: 6. The session leader will present more background on the subject of supply chain systems -covering typical business needs and strengths & limitations of systems in the marketplace. 7. Groups will then breakout to role-play their 'meeting'. Groups will close the meeting after 45 minutes of discussion. (Note: attempt to incorporate into your discussion any assumptions that you have made; it may however be necessary to temporarily 'break role' for clarification of assumptions.) 8. Each group's CEO and IT Manager will then present the results from their meeting to the other groups in an open forum. During the session, the Session Timings are as follows: Introductory Presentation by Session Facilitator: 20 mins. Role-play 'The Meeting': 45 mins. CEO and IT Manger presentations: 5 mins./group General questions and wrap-up by Session Facilitator: 10 mins.
Image of page 2
Company Overview – Worldwide Widgets: Worldwide Widgets Limited (WWL I is an Australian-owned supplier of a wide range of widgets used by primarily by 'Tier l' automotive component suppliers in the assembly of brake and air-conditioning systems. The company is 75 years old and 80% of the company was recently floated, leaving just 20% of the issued capital in the hands of the founders, the Smith Family. The CEO is the only grandchild of the company's founder, Sir Frederick Smith (OBE). The CEO is widely accredited with having driven the company to become public in 1999, seeing the capital raising as an essential in creating a truly global widget enterprise. Since assuming control of WWL, the CEO has aggressively pursued the aim of expansion via a strategy of aligning the business closely with global companies, which supply directly to the major vehicle manufacturers. Increasingly, these alliances are enabling WWL to enter into global contracts with key customers, which has been
Image of page 3

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern