Lecture 1 Chem 102

Lecture 1 Chem 102 - Chemistry 102 LC Info Spring 2011...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–11. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Chemistry 102 LC Info Spring 2011 Instructors: Dr. Ivana Radivojevic Dr. Stevan Pecic Email: [email protected]
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
• There is NO Lab for this lecture. Chem 103LB is not longer offered. • Take 102LC first semester, with no laboratory. • If you pass 102LC, take 104LC next semester with 106LB which covers both Gen Chemistry lectures (twice a week - 103LB + 105LB) Lecture and Lab
Background image of page 2
Hunter College Enrollment policy “You may not attend any class for which you are not officially registered”
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
1. Syllabus is available online under Course Information 2. Hunter email - Student Help Desk 10th floor HN 3. Blackboard 8 access - Student Help Desk 10 th floor HN 4. Online Web Learning (OWL) system: on-line homework - create a student account using your name - if you already have an account use that - don’t create another one Our 102LC
Background image of page 4
5. Office Hours: Saturday, 12:00 - 1:00 pm, Room 1410HN or by appointment (email me) 6. Recitation: Wednesday, 8:10 - 9:00 am (Dr. Radivojevic) 7. Lecture notes are posted in advance on blackboard under course documents section.
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Grading: Your grade in this course is based on your performance in the class and will be determined in the following manner: Exam 1: (Chapters 1-3) - 10% Exam 2: (Chapters 4-6) - 15% Exam 3: (Chapters 6-9) - 15% Final Exam: Cumulative (All chapters) - 30% Homework-online – 10% Quizzes - 10% Workshops - 10%
Background image of page 6
DATE No. Lecture CHAPTER Jan 29 Lecture 1 Intro to Course Chapter 1: Chemical Foundations Workshop 1 (Chapter 1) Feb 05 Lecture 2 Chapter 2: Atoms, Molecules, and Ions Workshop 2 (Chapter 2) Feb 12 NO CLASS Feb 19 Lecture 3 Chapter 3: Stoichiometry Feb 26 Lecture 4 Chapter 4: Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry Workshop 3 (Chapter 3, 4) March 05 Lecture 5 Chapter 4: Chemical Reactions and Stoichiometry cont. EXAM 1 March 12 Lecture 6 Chapter 5: Gases March 19 Lecture 7 Chapter 6: Thermochemistry Workshop 4 (Chapter 5) March 26 Lecture 8 Chapter 6: Thermochemistry cont. Workshop 5 ( Chapter 6) Review exam Chapters 4-6 Apr 02 Lecture 9 Chapter 7: Atomic Structure and Periodicity EXAM 2 Apr 09 Lecture 10 Chapter 7: Atomic Structure and Periodicity Apr 16 Lecture 11 Chapter 8: Bonding Apr 30 Lecture 12 Chapter 9: Covalent Bonding: Orbitals May 07 Lecture 13 Workshop 6 (Chapter 7,8) EXAM 3 May 14 Lecture 14 Review for final exam May 21 Lecture 15 FINAL EXAM
Background image of page 7

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Chapter 1 Chemical Foundations
Background image of page 8
Main challenge of chemistry To understand the connection between the macroscopic world that we experience and the microscopic world of atoms and molecules. You must learn to think on the atomic level .
Background image of page 9

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Matter is composed of tiny particles called atoms. Atom: smallest part of an element that is still that element. Molecule: Two or more atoms joined and acting as a unit.
Background image of page 10
Image of page 11
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 04/21/2011 for the course CHEM 102 taught by Professor Peterpastos during the Spring '08 term at CUNY Hunter.

Page1 / 59

Lecture 1 Chem 102 - Chemistry 102 LC Info Spring 2011...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 11. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online