1 Intro - CET 4663 Computer and Network Security Fall 2010...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–8. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CET 4663 Computer and Network Security Fall 2010 Daniel Burroughs
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
What is this course about? Introduction to computer security Cover various topics Vulnerabilities Exploits Encryption Firewalls / Routers IDS Legal / ethical issues
Background image of page 2
What background do you need? An operational understanding of computers A good logical, engineering approach to problem solving Curiosity Outside of the box thinking
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
What should you get from it? A security mindset
Background image of page 4
Course Details 3 Exams Evenly spaced throughout course No cumulative final (but new material builds on old material) Several assignments Optional assignments / puzzles
Background image of page 5

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Grading Exams are 15% each (total of 45%) Assignments are the remainder (55%) Optional assignments count for bonus points I'll give you more details on that later
Background image of page 6
Communication Please use WebCourses for communication If you have a question relevant to others, please post it in the “For the Professor” topic Monitor the “From the Professor” topic for announcements
Background image of page 7

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 8
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 16

1 Intro - CET 4663 Computer and Network Security Fall 2010...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 8. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online