This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: nding site
– Wide Round – Narrow Round – PO4d + - Proton Pump
• Is there a concentration gradient? • Is there an ion gradient? • What direction are the solutes/ions traveling? • Maintains concentration and ion gradients Cotransport (Coupled to Active Transport)
• H+ ion is actively (ATP) pumped • H+ diffuses through facilitated diffusion • Provides the FORCE for sucrose to enter the membrane Membrane Structure & Function
• Fluid mosaics of lipids and proteins • Selectively permeable • Transport mechanism
– Passive transport (uses Diffusion) – Active transport...
View Full Document