This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.View Full Document
Unformatted text preview: Sour ces: ht t p://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/Pier r e-August e_Renoir #Nudes ht t p://www.not ablebiogr aphies.com/Pu-Ro/Renoir-Pier r e-August e.ht ml Brittany Wertman ht t p://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/L uncheon_of_t he_Boat ing_Par t y ht t p://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/File:Renoir _-_The_Two_Sist er s,_On_t he_Ter r ace Art 001 Section 1 ht t p://en.wikipedia.or g/wiki/File:Pier r e-August e_Renoir,_L a_loge_(The_Theat September 2, 2010 Artist ~ Pierre-Auguste Renoir
1. Pierre-Auguste Renoir 2. February 25, 1841 December 3, 1919 3. French 4. Impressionism 5. Oil on Canvas 5 Pieces of Art Related Biographical Information
1. Worked in a porcelain factory, as an apprentice, which enhanced his drawling talents.
2. In 1862, began studying art in the studio of painter Charles Gleyre. 3. In 1869 Renoir worked together with Monet at a popular bathing spot on the river Seine. This resulted in an interest of painting light and water.
4. In 1874, six of Renoir's paintings were hung in the first Impressionist Exhibition. 5. In 1882, Renoir met the composer Richard Wagner and painted his portrait in just 35 minutes. Artworks 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Luncheon of the Boating Party 1880-1881 Oil on Canvas 129.5 cm 172.7 cm Washington DC Impressionist 1. The Theater Box 2. 1874 3. Oil on Canvas 4. 80 cm x 63.5 cm 5. London 6. Impressionist 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. The Two Sisters, On the Terrace 1881 Oil on Canvas 100 cm x 80 cm Chicago Impressionist ...
View Full Document
- Spring '07
- Impressionism, Claude Monet, History of painting, Renoir, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Alfred Sisley