CE 11 HW 5 - CE 11 HW 5 Eddie Lo 19483002 1. A) Dry...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CE 11 HW 5 Eddie Lo 19483002 1. A) Dry deposition is the process, according to the EPA report, where acidic particles and gasses are directly absorbed by plants, land, water, materials. Wet deposition on the other hand is the absorption of these acidic particles or gasses from acid rain or other forms of precipitation. B) The state with an increased emissions of SO 2 is Texas. C) Up to a 25% reduction of sulfate after Acid Rain Program, according to figure 9. D) ANC is acid neutralizing capacity, which is a measure of the ability of water to neutralize the acid deposits it receives. E) There was a 10% increase in visibility, according to figure 17. F) The estimated benefit associated with decreased helath problems caused by SO 2 and NO x emissions by 2010 is $40 billion. 2. A) For 1970, 30% of cars emit 4.1 g/mi, the other 70% emits 10.6 g/mi, so: * * . . + . . = . * / 9500miyr90 106 cars 0 34 1gmi 0 710 6gmi 7 4 1012 metric tons yr B) For 2000, 30% of cars emit 0.41 g/mi, the other 70% emits 0.25 g/mi
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 05/08/2011 for the course CE 11 taught by Professor Horvath during the Spring '11 term at University of California, Berkeley.

Page1 / 2

CE 11 HW 5 - CE 11 HW 5 Eddie Lo 19483002 1. A) Dry...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online