Unformatted text preview: ENGL 483
Spring 2011 Writing: It’s Everywhere!
Writing: It’s Everywhere!
• What do you write?
• Why do you write? Students’ Attitudes Toward Writing
Students’ Attitudes Toward Writing
Frustrations and Resistance?
How do we promote the positives and reroute the negatives? When Is Writing Important?
When Is Writing Important?
• Writing becomes important to students when it is
– Involving: Someone else writes, too.
Personal: Someone wants to know about me.
Meaningful: Someone might be impacted.
Heard: Someone is listening.
Supported: Someone will help me.
Commended: Someone likes my ideas. Establishing a Writing Community
Establishing a Writing Community
• Ideas on process?
What DOES NOT work? 321 Strategy
• List 3 things you learned today
List 2 ideas you had
List 1 question or constructive comment ...
View Full Document
- Spring '11
- constructive comment, writing community, too. Personal