Unformatted text preview: CSIS 150 Textbook Questions NAME: Activity Number: 06 Chapters 1 & 2
Answer the questions below. Your answers must be entered in Blackboard (click Auto-Grade).
You may refer to this worksheet when you complete the assignment in Blackboard.
1. What is the World Wide Web? Collection of documents located on the internet-connected computers 2. List three popular Web browsers. explorer, firefox, and safari 3. What is a Web Site? collection of linked web pages stored on a web server 4. What is Dreamweaver? Program that enables you to create and edit web pages 5. What is HTML used for? to format language that is used to create web pages 6. What relation does XHTML have with HTML? xhtml is a stricter version of html 7. You need to know HTML to use Dreamweaver. True or False: true 9. Dreamweaver cannot transfer files to a Web server. True or False: false 10. What is a Web browser? program that can download web documents from the internet 11. List seven Web design options. 1. text and images 2. tables 8. What is a Web server? 3. frames 4. AP divs 5. css layouts 6. Adobe flash 7. dynamic web sites 12. Which is the simplest design option? text and images 13. CSS layouts are recommended over table layouts. True or False: 14. Frames are easy to optimize for search engines. True or False: false
false 15. What term was first given to AP Divs? layers 16. What is the biggest limitation of AP Divs? cannot center a design created with AP Divs 17. What is the other limitation with AP Divs? display can vary dramatically from browser to browser 18. CSS layouts are technically AP Divs. True or False: true 19. Which option is the most challenging option? CSS layouts 20. What type of program is Adobe Flash? vector-based design 21. Dreamweaver lets you create basic Flash elements. True or False: true CSIS 150 Textbook Questions 22. List two web features possible with Dynamic Web Sites. 1. sopping carts 2. organize your ideas
gather your content 3. define your audiance 4.
24. List the six major areas of the Dreamweaver interface. 1.
2. 23. List the four major steps in planning your Web site . blogs host your finished web site 1. menus 2. toolbar 3.
4. document window 5. panels 6. properties instector 1. panels 2. 25. What two terms are given to the accessory windows? insert panel inspectors 26. What must you do before creating your Web pages? 1.
2. 27. What is the advantage of defining a root s ite folder?
28. Why is it important to keep all Web files together?
29. What may happen if Web site files are not organized?
30. Where does a Web page title appear? define your site in dreamweaver
set up a root folder enables dreamweaver to manage you files in the files panel
to easily transfer your web files to a web server without changing the
hyperlinks may not work images may not be displayed properly
in the title bar when the page opens 31. Why should you type a title in the Title text box? helps search engines to index pages with more accuracy 32. You only need to save your work when you are done. True or False: false 33. Why should you frequently save your files? to prevent work from being lost 34. Why should the main page be called index.html?
35. What two other filenames are used for the main page? that's the filename web servers open first 1. default.htm 2. index.htm 36. Dreamweaver comes with Web browser softw are. True or False: false 37. Web pages display the same in all Web browsers. True or False: 38. Why should you test your pages in different browsers? false to ensure that it will look good in all browsers ...
View Full Document
- Spring '11
- Web page, World Wide Web, web site, Web server, AP divs