This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.
This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.View Full Document
Unformatted text preview: 2/23/2011 Announcements
• Chapter 6 HW due Friday
• Hypotheses and Lit Review due March 23 Ethics
• Four Key Points of Experimental Concept
(1) Assignment of groups randomly.
(2) Pre‐test Measure. Human subjects
Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
Benefit/harm balance Interpretation
• Post test – Pre test = Change
• Exp. Group Change – Control Group change = experimental effect (3) Treatment.
(4) Post‐test Measure. Variations on Classic Design
• Precision matching
– Intentional assignment into groups based on specific characteristics • Simple post‐test design
– No pre‐test Common Problems in Experimental Design
• Limited external validity
Requires large sample
Costly • Time series
– Multiple post‐tests • Multi‐group design 1 2/23/2011 Field Experiments
• Stimulus applied in real life setting
• Can’t randomly assign participants to groups 2 ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 06/06/2011 for the course POLI 301 taught by Professor Mcatee during the Spring '11 term at South Carolina.
- Spring '11
- Political Science