assignment #3 - Alicia Deal 09-16-04 CJ 685 Assignment #3...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Alicia Deal 09-16-04 CJ 685 Assignment #3 1.) Salary ($) f 25000 6 26000 8 27500 9 28000 10 30000 16 31500 19 32000 12 32500 15 34000 8 35000 7 Total 110 a.) the probability that a starting salary will be exactly $30000. 16/110: 8/55: .1454 or 14.54%. b.) the probability that a starting salary will be exactly $35000. 7/110: .06363 or 6.36%. c.)whether the starting salaries of $30000 and $35000 are mutually exclusive events. Explain. The starting salaries are mutually exclusive because they cannot occur at the same time and there is no intersection of mutually exclusive events so that their joint probability is equal to zero. d.)the probability that a starting salary will be at least $31,000: 61/110: .5545 or 55.45%. e.) The probability that a starting salary will be $30000 or less. 49/110: .4454 or 44.54%. f.) the probability that a starting salary will be between $27800 and $33,000. 72/110: .6545 or 65.45%. g.) the probability that a starting salary will be less than $25000. 0/110: or zero
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 06/30/2011 for the course CJ 685 taught by Professor Staff during the Fall '08 term at Sam Houston State University.

Page1 / 3

assignment #3 - Alicia Deal 09-16-04 CJ 685 Assignment #3...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online