Health for Living Final Review Key
What are the 4 effects of entertainment violence?
Fear, dissenitation, apetite for violence, agression
What are the three phases of The Cycle of Violence?
Tension building, acute battering, remorse
What is the difference between simple and aggravated rape?
Simple: one person, no weapon, beating aggravated: multiple, weapon, beating
What are the provisions of Megan’s Law? Jessica’s Law?
Megan: 1500 ft Jess: 2000ft
What does the rape shield law state?
Protects victims name or pic in media, no private or sensitive info unless directly related to case
What are the provisions of the Campus Sexual Assault Victims Bill of Rights Act?
^ writes notification, all university staff must be publicly known, dignity, must support victim, medical
coverage, disciplinary action
What are the 3 HIV tests?
-antibody (alesa) confirmatory test (western blot) polymerase test
What is the most commonly reported STI in the US? Among college students?
What are the four stages of cancer?
1: inside organ, 2: about to spread (lining) 3: around organ 4: widely spread around body
10. What are the 3 types of skin cancer? (know the differences)
Basil cell, squazil cell, melanoma
11. One 15-30 minute session in a tanning booth is equally to how long in the sun?
One whole day
12. What is the greatest risk factor for cancer?
Age, fam history,
13. What are the ABCDs of melanoma?
c- color, a-asymetry, b-border, d-diameter
14. What is the most common kind of cancer?
15. Common forms of radiation associated with cancer include:
Aspirin and horomone replacement therapy
17. What factors associated with sun exposure increase rates of skin cancer?