The+average+age+of+Webster+online+students+is+known+to+be+29.2+years+with+a+standard+deviation+of+2.

The average age of W - 1[2]: . cfw_10,20,2,8,0,23,15

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
1.  [2%] DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS:  The following unsorted data shows the number of traffic tickets given  each day by Deputy Fife over the last eleven days.  Compute the descriptive statistics for the following data and  be prepared to answer several questions about the output: {10, 20, 2, 8, 0, 23, 15, 5, 10, 12, 15 }
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Stem and Leaf plot for stem unit = 10 leaf unit = 1 Frequency Stem  Leaf 4 0   0 2 5 8 5 1
Background image of page 2
  2. [2%] JOINT PROBABILITY:  Women who think they might be pregnant will often test themselves using the  Home Pregnancy Test.  Assuming 200 women tested themselves today; it turns out that 50 were pregnant but  the test was obviously not perfect.  Be prepared to answer questions regarding joint probabilities as shown by  the table below: Test Positive Test Negative Total Pregnant 44 6 50 Not Pregnant 30 120 150 Total 74 126 200 There are no questions to answer here?   3. [1%] EXPECTED VALUE:  A company has produced a new line of sweetener that it plans to market.  They  estimate a 30% probability of losing 50k, a 20% probability of gaining 20k and a 50% probability of earning  100k.  Compute the expected value of their profit / loss if they launch the sweetener.   Profit Probability $- 50,000 .30 $ 20,000 .20 $100,000 .50 Expected value =  Σ  [x * p(x)] = -50000 * 0.30 + 20000 * 0.20 + 100000 * 0.50 = 
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 07/08/2011 for the course BUSN 5760 taught by Professor Ukn during the Spring '08 term at Webster.

Page1 / 5

The average age of W - 1[2]: . cfw_10,20,2,8,0,23,15

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online