Practice exam questions

Practice exam questions - This problem set was requested by...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
This problem set was requested by one of your classmates. I spent some time over the long weekend pulling questions from many sources that I liked and were relevant to the content that we covered. I do not have a key for the questions. I think that issues on these questions should be brought up on the blackboard discussion board. Enjoy. After combining reactants A and B, a chemistry lab student found that the purity of A was only 90% and that the remaining 10% of the material in A was unreactive. What result can the student expect in the actual yield? A) Percentage yield will be 90% of the originally anticipated amount of product. B) Percentage yield will be 90% of the originally anticipated amount of product only if reactant A is the limiting reactant. C) Percentage yield will be 110% of the originally anticipated amount of product only if reactant A is the limiting reactant. D) Percentage yield will be 90% of the originally anticipated amount of product only if reactant B is the limiting reactant. CIRCLE THE BEST ANSWER: (b) Most polar bond C–O Si–O C–N (c) Most polar molecule CS 2 SO 3 SF 2 (d) Highest weight% calcium CaCO 3 CaSO 4 Ca 3 (PO 4 ) 2 (e) Most moles of N atoms 1 g N 2 1 g NH 3 3 x 10 22 atoms N Water is added to 4.267 grams of UF 6 . The only products are 3.730 grams of a solid containing only uranium, oxygen and fluorine and 0.970 gram of a gas. The gas is 95.0% fluorine, and the remainder is hydrogen. (a) From these data, determine the empirical formula of the gas. (b) What fraction of the fluorine of the original compound is in the solid and what fraction in the gas after the reaction? When 0.273-gm of Mg is reacted at high temperatures with N 2 to produce 0.378-g of a solid, Mg x N y . Calculate the empirical formula of the product. The molecular formula of a hydrocarbon is to be determined by analyzing its combustion product and
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

Page1 / 8

Practice exam questions - This problem set was requested by...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online