Unformatted text preview: Richland College
Marieb A&P Lab Manual - 9th Edition
EXERCISE 4 CELL STRUCTURES AND MITOSIS
1. To identify and give functions of cell structures using models.
2. To identify the following cellular regions and to list the major function of each: nucleus,
cytoplasm, and plasma membrane.
3. To identify and list the major functions of the various organelles studied.
4. To compare the specified cells with the concept of the generalized cell.
5. To define interphase, mitosis, and cytokinesis.
6. To list the stages of mitosis and describe the events of each stage.
7. To identify the mitotic phases on models and slides.
8. To explain the importance of mitotic cell division and its product.
ACTIVITY 1-4: IDENTIFYING PARTS OF A CELL
Models used for cell structures
Cell structures and functions
ACTIVITY 5: OBSERVING VARIOUS CELL STRUCTURES
Identify variety of different cell types using microscope:
10X and 40X objective lens
epithelial cells from cheek (use wet mount)
teased muscle cells (microscope slide)
sperm cells (microscope slide)
blood cells in blood smear (microscope slide)
ACTIVITY 6: IDENTIFYING THE MITOTIC STAGES
Identify stages in life cycle of a cell in models, including events occurring:
Identify mitotic stages in a microscopic slide:
View Full Document