Key Data - Key Data Per capital production of dairy...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Per capital production of dairy products: 9kg per annum 10% of the population consumes dairy products Milk production in 2004 was 157,000 Mt Projected milk production in 2005 was 163,000 Mt Projected milk consumption in 2005 was 760,000 Mt Imports cover 85% to 90% of demand countrywide. Total imported value in 2004 was USD 204 millions; Government plan Increase cattle herds from 50,000 heads in 2001 to 100,000 and 200,000 respectively in 2005 and 2010 Annual milk production from 165,000 Mt in 2005 to 350,000 Mt in 2010 The Production Stakeholders Milk production in Vietnam bases on two main systems: Small to medium-scaled private farms (household based), as well as large diary companies and JV farms generating 95% of the total milk production Large state owned farms, generating the remaining 5% Herd holding pattern In the year 2001, see Figure 9 (p.56) Milk production At least 19 commercial diary companies (three in the North) Designed capacity of 420 million Mt.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

Key Data - Key Data Per capital production of dairy...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online