Unformatted text preview: iect the most appropriate answer.
23) In 2006, the General Social Survey asked "would you like to see more or less government spending on 23) i ) natural disasters?" Of the 1496 respondents, 723 responded "more“ or "much more". The population of interest consists of
A) the 723 respondents who responded "more" or "much more"
B) the proportion of American adults who would respond ”more” or "much more"
C) the proportion of respondents who responded “more" or "much more" @II American adults E) the 1496 respondents Fill in the blank. . . -
24) A variable is called if observations on it take numerical values that 24) ii )3 ﬁg HEIGHT) Vi: represent different magnitudes of the variable. 25) A variable is called LEW if each observation belongs to one of a set of 25) ( EHTCg) Q V\ CON categories. ' w “(A11 OV’x’
26) The (”Wis the set of all subjects of interest; while the (ii) SQ 1551‘ “E g 26) is a subset of the entire set of interest. v0. Mufti
27) A W is a numerical summary of the population: while a 27) a ' C
I (ii) is a numerical summary of the sample.
Provide an appropriate response. \ nmra\h CH
28) From past figures. it is predicted that 39% of use registered voters in California will vote in the 28) S IQ}: Em! C) June primary. Which type of statistics does this statement reﬂect: inferential statistics or
descriptive statistics? 29) A study is conducted on a group of 10.000 high school students nationwide. Each week for a 29) “-5
period of 13 weeks, participants must take an unannounced urine analysis to screen for illegal drug use. identify the subjects of the study. 30) The average salary of all General Motors workers is $42,000. Is this value a parameter or a 30) Y“ \ 1/
statistic? Provide an appropriate response.
31) A local school district wants to know the number of children under the age of five living in the 31) district in order to predict future enrollment Households were randomly sampled in the district.
and the head of household was asked to disclose the number of chiidren under the age of five
living in the household. The results were _-nnn
m_--Iznzlu a). What is the variable of interest? Nuﬁxbfr CF (Y‘\\d‘(€ n Under (5 b). is the variable categorical or quantitative? c\\g( r a“;
c ). Which response is the mode? 1
d). Add proportions to this frequency table. ............ ..- .A ...
View Full Document
- Spring '08