Unformatted text preview: Managing Data Resources
Yan Ping Jo Anne Malbog
Jenny Kim 000211261
• Introduction to managing data resources
Establishing an information policy
Ensuring data quality
• What is managing data resources In order for business data to remain accurate, reliable and readily available to those who need it, special policies and procedures for data management need to be established. • How to manage data resources?
1. Establishing information policy.
2. Ensuring data quality. Establishing an information policy
• What is an information policy? Specifies the organization’s rules for sharing information. Lays out specific procedures and accountabilities. •
• e.g. authorized users for payroll data Data administration
Database administration Ensuring Data Quality
• What are the steps taken to ensure accurate, consistent, and reliable data in organizational databases?
1. Data quality audit
2. Data cleansing Weaknesses
• Time consuming
Errors during data input
Inaccurate, incomplete, and inconsistent Strengths
Prevent users from manipulating
Organize data Convenience
Effective information for decisionmaking Summary
• Managing data resources: 1. Establishing an information policy
2. Ensuring data quality •
Strengths Thank you!!!!!!!! ...
View Full Document
- Spring '08
- data resources, Jo Anne Malbog