Unformatted text preview: Math 153 Syllabus - Summer 2011
Instructor: Kyle Joecken
Phone: (614) 247-4082
Oﬃce: Math Tower (MW) 649
Email: [email protected]
Classroom: Baker Systems Engineering (BE) 192
Class Time: 1:30p - 2:18p
Textbook: Calculus - James Stewart 6E
Quizzes x 5
Midterms x 2
points • There will be 6 Quizzes; the lowest will be dropped. Because of the
dropping of the lowest score, there will be no make-ups.
• Grades will be posted on Carmen.
• Suggested practice problems will be posted on my website, along with
quiz and midterm solutions, copies of the syllabus, calendar, and whatever else I feel needs to be shared.
• Ask questions. LOTS of questions. The more questions you ask, the
more helpful this class is likely to be to you. The more I know what
you’re struggling with the more I can tailor the class to your speciﬁc
needs. Come on; don’t be shy. Out with it.
• Drinking (non-alcoholic) beverages is allowed in class. Eating is not.
You may scarf down a quick lunch before the bell rings, but once it does
please put it away; the sounds and smells are distracting to students.
• If you cannot make oﬃce hours, please send me an email and ask to
meet at some other time. As long as I have suﬃcient notice, I’m likely
to say ok. ...
View Full Document
- Spring '08
- Math, The Bell, Baker Systems Engineering