Summarizing the Medigap Program Checkpoint

Summarizing the Medigap Program Checkpoint - they live on a...

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Summarizing the Medigap Program Checkpoint The core benefits in the Medigap insurance are Part A daily coinsurance for day 61 to 90 of hospitalization, Part A daily coinsurance for each Medicare’s lifetime impatient hospital day, 100 percent of covered hospital charge for 365 additional days after all Medicare hospital benefits have been used, Part B coinsurance amount after the deductible, and the first three pints of blood per calendar year. The Medigap program has met the coverage needs of it consumer. The consumer chooses the plan that they will benefit from the most based on their needs. I feel that the plans are fair considering the benefit and limits offered by each plan. But in my opinion I think that the plan should be good but I feel that the rates for seniors should be lower because
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: they live on a fixed income. I have grandparents that are seniors and they have told me that it is not that difficult having two insurances unless one or the other does not receive the correct information that they need. The two are not as closely related as people think. . Medicare pays its portion (80% in almost all instances) then the Medigap plan pays its portion (the other 20%). They do not have to communicate to get paid because it is pre-determined by the respective outlines of coverage. There are no real implications for the insured; they will both receive a summary of the benefits from both Medicare and the secondary company Medigap....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 07/27/2011 for the course HCR 240 taught by Professor Jones during the Spring '11 term at Temple College.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online