Dr. Xavier Serna C R I J 4 3 8 5 : C R I M E , J U S T I C E , & S O C I A L D I V E R S I T Y Sam Houston State University Department of Criminal Justice & Criminology
• Preparing for the CJ Career Fair & Resume Check-in Wed, Feb 26 (2-4pm); CJC Courtroom – Gave you credit if you emailed me. – If I didn’t, email me again (forward me previous email). Extra Credit Opportunity: 5 PTS
Extra Credit Opportunity: 5 PTS • CJ Internship Info Session Mon, Mar 2 (2:00-3:00pm) Come learn about internships and how to get course credit toward your degree! CJC, Courtroom – Gave you credit if you emailed me. – If I didn’t, email me again (forward me previous email).
• Friday Mar 6 Will discuss film review prompt. – Posted one is last years. – I am making some tweaks. – Will post this semester’s prompt that day. – Will also open up link ( due Friday, April 17 ). Announcements
33. The freedom to move, buy, work, play, speak, live freely refers to: a. White privilege b. Heterosexual privilege c. Male privilege d. Class privilege e. All the above f. None of the above. – D was marked as “correct” on scantron. – Answer was E . • I went over the scantrons and gave you credit. 2.90pts if you answered E . If you answered A-C I gave you .58pts. If you didn’t get points in that column, you got it “right” originally (or I made a mistake). You have until Friday to check, before I shred them. Exam 1: Q. 33
• Acceptable Greetings Professor Serna, Dr. Serna Professor Xavier, Dr. Xavier Dr. X, Dr. S Doc It’d warm my heart extra if it was preceded by Howdy...but you don’t have to…but you should…but you don’t have to… • Unacceptable greetings (I will conveniently forget to answer…or at least it’ll be a while) No greeting. Mr Serna Hey/yo, any other vernacular, if not followed by acceptable greeting (see above) Announcements: Emailing Me
• Activity 7 I have not added them yet. I will add them ASAP. Due Wed, Mar 18 (link closes Sat, Mar 21 at 11:59pm). – Will add submission link and articles for that chapter at some point this week. Activities
• Criminal Justice Career Fair TODAY! March 4; 10am-2pm; LSC, Orange Ballroom For credit must email me picture with you: 1. In your best interview attire (Sunday’s best will do if best you got). 2. With copies of resume. 3. At a booth. Extra Credit Opportunity: 5 PTS
• Scams, Fraud, & Identity Theft TODAY! March 4; 6-7pm; LSC, 230 For credit must email picture of you there. Any time stamp is fine. Extra Credit Opportunity: 5 PTS
• SHSU CJ Graduate Fair Thur, March 26; 11:30am-1:30pm; CJC Justice Center, 2 nd Floor For credit must email picture of you there. Any time stamp is fine. Extra Credit Opportunity: 5 PTS
P R E V I O U S C L A S S …
• How do we punish girls/women only? Dress codes Abortion WOMEN & THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
• Restricts/punishes access to abortion, obstetric, and gynecological care.
- Winter '17
- Sociology, Structural & Systemic