A retailer is an organization that purchases products for the purpose of reselling them
2. Select the true statement about wholesaling
-Wholesaling activities must be performed during distribution of all goods,
whether or not a wholesaling institution is involved
3. A wholesaler that carries a wide product mix but offers only limited depth
product line is called
4. A store that offers a wide variety of shoes for men, women, and children would most
likely be considered
5. Through the years, drugstores have added more unrelated products to their product
mix, such as law care supplies, food items, house wares, and small appliances. This
illustrates which of the following retail strategy issues?
6.Dawn is concerned that there are not enough avid quilters in Centerville to support her
Quilts Unlimited store. Her business adviser suggests that she may not limit her
promotion to the Centerville population but also consider out shoppers. This approach is
most likely to work if her store is located in a
-Regional shopping center
7.Which of the following is a common feature of a warehouse club?
-Annual fees (not sure I put wide range of product mix and got it wrong)
8.Off-price retailers feature
-Deep discounts, few customer services, and central checkouts
9.Which of the following is not an advantage of franchising for the franchisee?
-The franchisee gives up a certain amount of control when participating in a
10.Any organization that purchases products for the purpose of reselling them to ultimate
consumers is a
11. Direct marketing, direct selling, and automatic vending are all examples of ______.
12.Sherri McRae wants to establish a fashion-wholesaling firm. Because of the risks
involved in the rapid obsolescence of high-fashion team, Sherri does not want to establish
an organization in which she has the title to the garments. Which of the following types
of wholesale establishments has she ruled out?
13. The individual or group that decodes a coded message is called a
14. Cost efficiency, repetition, and adding product value are all potential benefits of
15. Procter & Gamble periodically sends out coupons and free samples of products like
Downy fabric softener. This illustrates P&G’s use of which of the following elements of
16.In one corner of its magazine advertisement for office copiers, Epson places a small
box asking for the names and addresses of individuals or companies seeking more
information. Epson has included this box to facilitate _____ for this communication.
This is the end of the preview. Sign up
access the rest of the document.