amazon evolution - resizable compute capacity in a cloud....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–4. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Running head: AMAZON EVOLUTION 1 Amazon Evolution Holly M. Hyatt, Jessica Garcia, Felicia Jones, Laura Tacey Bis 219 August 30,2010 Mr. Goyden
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
AMAZON EVOLUTION 2 Amazon Evolution We are looking into Amazon and whether they are pulling away from their original purpose. The purpose was to be the biggest online retailer. If they are getting away from retail why are they going in that direction? We will cover what their database consists of and how they use it. We will also look at the competition Google and Microsoft and see how they compare to Amazon.
Background image of page 2
AMAZON EVOLUTION 3 Data Management Amazon is only using 10% of it computer processing leaving 90% available for other use. They decided to help other companies run their infrastructure (Rainer, Turban, & Potter, 2009). The services they offer are simple storage which allows other companies to store their information on Amazon servers. The second is Elastic Compute cloud which is provides
Background image of page 3

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 4
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: resizable compute capacity in a cloud. You also only pay for the space you use through Amazon. The third one is a Mechanical Turk which is a marketplace for work ( Amazon Mechanical Turk - Welcome , n.d.) The problems that could arise are cost and staying competitive with other providers. They could also run out of space since, they are offer their services to many companies who send tons of information on a daily basis. They will need to stay on top of how they manage the space to make sure it runs efficiently and effectively. AMAZON EVOLUTION 4 References Amazon Mechanical Turk - Welcome . (n.d.). Retrieved August 25, 2010, from https://www.mturk.com/mturk/welcome Rainer, R. K., Turban, E., & Potter, R. E. (2009). Introduction to information systems . Hoboken, NJ: J. Wiley....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 08/05/2011 for the course BIS 219 taught by Professor Chin during the Spring '10 term at University of Phoenix.

Page1 / 4

amazon evolution - resizable compute capacity in a cloud....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 4. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online