AMIS624X2I - Acquisition: Cash Fair value of NCI Total Fair...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Acquisition: Subsequent: Cash $3,000 Susequent Year Amortizations (not incl. GW, if any) Fair value of NCI 591 Total Fair Value 3,591 Amount Life Year 1 Year 2 Book value of Sub 2,150 Inventories (LIFO) $(25) ? $5 $- Fair value in excess of book 1,441 Plant Assets, net (100) 5 20 20 Book Value Land 50 indef. $880 $880 $- Long-term Liabilities 50 5 (10) (10) Inventories 475 500 (25) Jingles 200 indef. (40) - Plant Assets, net 1,000 1,100 (100) Non-GW amortizations $175 $(25) $10 Land 700 650 50 Current Liabilities (180) (180) - End Year One: Long-term Liabilities (750) (800) 50 Total CI NCI Jingles 200 200 175 Reported Net Inc. $600 $480 $120 Total goodwill $1,266 Adjustments: Non-GW (25) (20) (5) Goodwill to CI: Goodwill - - Acquisition price $3,000 Share of NI $575 $460 $115 Less CI share 1,860 CI goodwill $1,140 90.04739% Adjustments Split: Non-GW 100% 80% 20% Goodwill to NCI: Goodwill 100% 90% 10% Total goodwill $1,266 Less: CI goodwill 1,140 End Year Two: NCI goodwill $126 10% Total CI NCI Reported Net Inc. $330 $264 $66 Acquisition: Adjustments: NCI at acquisition: Non-GW 10 8 2 Book value of Sub $2,150 Goodwill (350) (315) (35) 175 Share of NI $(10) $(43) $33 2,325 X 20% 465 NCI goodwill 126 NCI in Net Assets $591 Incr (Decr) in net assets
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
1,560 880 2,440 Inventory 1,000 500 25 j 1,475 Property, P, E, net 900 1,100 100 j 1,900 Land 1,200 650 50 j 1,900 Jingles 200 j 200 Goodwill 1,266 j 1,266 Investment in S 3,000 3,000 j Current Liabilities 700 180 880 Long-term Liabilities 450 800 50 j 1,200 NCI in Net Assets 591 j 591 Common Stock
Background image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 08/06/2011 for the course AMIS 624 taught by Professor Wallin during the Summer '11 term at Ohio State.

Page1 / 10

AMIS624X2I - Acquisition: Cash Fair value of NCI Total Fair...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 3. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online