{[ promptMessage ]}

Bookmark it

{[ promptMessage ]}

Ch05 - CHAPTER 5 Uncertainty and Consumer Behavior MULTIPLE...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–3. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CHAPTER 5 Uncertainty and Consumer Behavior MULTIPLE CHOICE SECTION 5.1 Scenario 1: Aline and Sarah decide to go into business together as economic consultants. Aline believes they have a 50-50 chance of earning $200,000 a year, and that if they don't, they'll earn $0. Sarah believes they have a 75% chance of earning $100,000 and a 25% chance of earning $10,000. easy 1. Refer to Scenario 1. The expected value of the undertaking, a. according to Sarah, is $75,000. b. according to Sarah, is $100,000. c. according to Sarah, is $110,000. d. according to Aline, is $200,000. e. according to Aline, is $100,000. easy 2. Refer to Scenario 1. The probabilities discussed in the information above are a. objective because they are single numbers rather than ranges. b. objective because they have been explicitly articulated by the individuals involved. c. objective because the event hasn't happened yet. d. subjective because the event hasn't happened yet. e. subjective because they are estimates made by individuals based upon personal judgment or experience. Scenario 2: Randy and Samantha are shopping for new cars (one each). Randy expects to pay $15,000 with 1/5 probability and $20,000 with 4/5 probability. Samantha expects to pay $12,000 with 1/4 probability and $20,000 with 3/4 probability. easy 3. Refer to Scenario 2. Which of the following is true? easy 4. Refer to Scenario 2. Randy's expected expense for his car is 149
Image of page 1

Info icon This preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
CHAPTER 5 TEST BANK UNCERTAINTY AND CONSUMER BEHAVIOR SIXTH EDITION easy 5. Refer to Scenario 2. Samantha's expected expense for her car is Consider the following information about job opportunities for new college graduates in Megalopolis: Table 5.1 Major Probability of Receiving an Offer In One Year Average Salary Offer Accounting 95 $25,000 Economics .90 $30,000 English .70 $24,000 Poli Sci .60 $18,000 Mathematics 1.00 $21,000 easy 6. Refer to Table 5.1. Expected income for the first year is a. highest in accounting. b. highest in mathematics. c. higher in English than in mathematics. d. higher in political science than in economics. e. highest in economics. easy
Image of page 2
Image of page 3
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern