This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: The economics of information has caused a revaluation in commerce. As a result many
new business models emerged and many old business models became no longer tenable.
All new Business Models that have emerged:
• Use the Internet in one way or the other,
se • Add extra value to existing products and services
• Provide the foundation for new products and services.
Most of these Business Models are called ‘’ Pure-play Business Models ‘’ because:
• They are based purely on the Internet.
• They did not have an existing ‘’Bricks-and-Mortar Business’’ when they
designed their internet business.
However some firms like The Wall Street Journal, L.L Bean, Office Depot etc….
Have developed Web sites as extensions of their traditional Bricks-and-Mortar
businesses. Such businesses represent a hybrid called ‘’Click-and-Mortar Business
Model ‘’ INTERNET BUSINESS MODELS
1. COMMUNICATION AND COMMUNITY MODEL
1. COMMUNICATION Some of the new Business Models take advantage of the internet’s rich
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 08/12/2011 for the course ITEC 421 taught by Professor Huseyingursev during the Spring '11 term at Eastern Mediterranean University.
- Spring '11