This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Notes: Walt Disney
Film Screening of “Thru the Mi r ror” (1936)
1. As Disney films progressed in the 1930s/40s there became a more obvious
a ttention to detail and r icher, more dimensional characters.
2. The Big Bad Wolf became a Cultural Icon due to Disney’s cartoon version of
t he classic fairytale.
3. Ar t Babbit t was very important in the Disney co. because he is credited with
creating the evil queen of Snow White as well as leading a strike.
4. Outside of color, the most significant innovation of the t ime period (30s) was
t he multi-plane camera (i.e. The Old M ill) which helped to make movements
5. These and other new technologies helped to move animation and character
development towards a greater realism.
6. As the animation in dusty grew, so did the demand in public tastes for more
l ife-like characters. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 08/16/2011 for the course FIL 3871 taught by Professor Stephanschlow during the Summer '10 term at University of Central Florida.
- Summer '10