Why dont we listen - Why dont we listen- communication 1....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Why don’t we listen- communication 1. Why don’t we listen Message overload Preoccupation Faulty assumptions Hearing problems External noise Lack of apparent advantages 2. In a study of a college student who talked 80% while the other only talked 20% the one talking more was disliked more 3. Are women better listeners than men Men interrupt conversations more often They typically interrupt to gain control Women interrupt less On average, they interrupt to communicate an agreement, elaborate on the speakers idea, r participate in the conversation 4. Active listening Asking questions Creating supportive climate Participating actively Paraphrasing Providing feedback Individualistic cultures are low context Organizational communication - the ways in which a group of people maintain structure and order through symbolic interactions and allow people the freedom to accomplish their goals
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Economic oriented- manufacture and provide services ( business )
Background image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 2

Why dont we listen - Why dont we listen- communication 1....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online