This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: 1.63 than LiAgX which has a 1:1 ratio
– Mixing in LiAgX in the argon removal section would only
hurt performance as well. Design 4: LiAgX and AgA
zeolites separated Nitrogen
– LiAgX zeolite with a 96.42% Oxygen purity and 62.74% recovery Argon
– AgA zeolite with an Argon to Oxygen selectivity of 1.63 to 1 The volume is dramatically lower
– Save money on the zeolite cost and overall unit The inlet air flow rate would be less due to the higher recovery of
Has been determined most beneficial design Zeolite Design Analysis Hospital Air Separation
Design with Pressure
Swing Adsorption Proposed Design Hospital
Large hospital information Approximately 350 large
hospitals in the United States
(500-1000 beds). At any time have 150 users
using 5L/min. Proposed Design - Hospital Goals
– Use PSA technology to produce 99%
oxygen with all specifications.
– Provide for maximum capacity of 300
users at 5 L/min of oxygen to adjust for
fluctuation in demands.
– Determine if product is profitable and a
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 08/31/2011 for the course CHE 4273 taught by Professor Staff during the Spring '10 term at Oklahoma State.
- Spring '10
- Chemical Engineering