This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Design 4: Both LiAgX and AgA zeolites separating them Design 1: LiAgX zeolite Nitrogen Removal
– LiAgX removes nitrogen with a 96.42% purity Oxygen and 62.74%
– The is the best zeolite for nitrogen removal Argon Removal
– Argon to Oxygen selectivity of 1:1.
– Requires a large volume of LiAgX zeolite to accomplish required purity Large volume of zeolite is required. Costs and inlet airflow rate
increases. Design 2: AgA zeolite Nitrogen Removal
– Nitrogen to Oxygen selectivity of 5 to 1 in AgA zeolite
– Selectivity is lower than if using LiAgX zeolite Argon Removal
– Argon to Oxygen selectivity of 1.63 to 1
– Best design for Argon removal Large volume of zeolite is required
– Costs and inlet airflow rate increases. Design 3: Mixed zeolites Nitrogen Removal
– LiAgX has a higher loading and selectivity of nitrogen than
A gA .
– Not beneficial to mix them in order to rid of the nitrogen. Argon Removal
– AgA has a higher loading and selectivity toward argon,
View Full Document
- Spring '10
- Chemical Engineering