Lecture 6 - they are mobile. Ectotherms: body heat is...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
In the ocean’s open water, the light and oxygen levels from greatest to least are as follows: Epilimnion, thermocline, hypolimnion, profundal zone, to the bottom mud. Experts noticed an increase in nutrients and oxygen in the profundal zone when the water in the Hypolimnion was stirred up, which increases fish population. This turned out to work well but cost too much money. This is what occurs when a dam is present in a river. A map detailing the bison population from the span of 1800 – 1900 shows a rapid decline. Low Entropy, ordered state: Wood, Oil, Coal, Natural Gas combustion (Flame) high entropy disordered state (the result is ash and low grade heat energy. Autotrophs: Green plants who obtain energy from the sun (photosynthesis). The autotroph forms energy base for the heterotroph. The auto are immobile, self feeding organisms. Heterotrophs: those organisms that get energy from plants. They are diverse feeders and
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Background image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: they are mobile. Ectotherms: body heat is created by the sun and they absorb it from the soil. Snakes: 12% energy maintenance // 16% reproduction. Endotherms: birds, mammals, fish Humans: 50% energy maintenance // 0.1 % reproduction Food Chain: primary consumer charts ** from book ** GP: GROSS Photosynthesis: Semation for the amount of CH20 (carb) NP: Net Photosynthesis: The amount of stored CH20 after respiration. Net = GP respiration Rate of NP ^ I = i _________________________________ Theres an increase diagonally. . Light Intensity Land: 30% (below is the depiction of 70% of unplowable land, leaving 30% of this 30% plowable for growing vegetation) Sea: 70% Too Cold: 20% Too Arid (not enough water): 20% On a Mountain: 20% Bare Rock: No soil: 10% Total: 70 Greenhouses could be used in areas that are too cold. 50 Questions: Entire Period: Possibility that prof. will be late: need pencils,...
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 09/05/2011 for the course ENVIRONMEN 0000 taught by Professor Faculty during the Spring '11 term at Rutgers.

Page1 / 2

Lecture 6 - they are mobile. Ectotherms: body heat is...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online