syllabus_math_400[1]

syllabus_math_400[1] - Math 400 - Numerical Analysis...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Grading: There will be about five problem sets accounting for 60% of the grade. A midterm exam and a comprehensive final will determine the remaining 40%. Math 400 - Numerical Analysis Office: SCI 231 Phone: 338-2251 Hours: TTH 11:15 –12:00, or by appointment Instructor: David Sklar [email protected] Prerequisites: Math 228 and Math 325 (The real prerequisite is a solid working knowledge of calculus and basic linear algebra.) Textbook: There is no official textbook for this course. A useful modern text is: Numerical Analysis , by Richard L. Burden and Douglas J. Faires, 7 th Edition, Brooks/Cole Some other books of interest are: Numerical Methods That (Usually) Work , by Forman S. Acton, The Mathematical Association of America Introduction to Numerical Analysis , by F. B. Hildebrand, 2 nd Edition, McGraw-Hill (or Dover) A First Course in Statistical Programming with R , by W. J. Braun and D. Murdoch, Cambridge University Press Course Objectives: Numerical methods, and numerical analysis have been studied for centuries.
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

This note was uploaded on 09/16/2011 for the course MATH 400 taught by Professor Staff during the Spring '11 term at S.F. State.

Page1 / 2

syllabus_math_400[1] - Math 400 - Numerical Analysis...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online