Unformatted text preview: Travel and Tourism
Nicole Howatt Challenges
Match experience with
– Must entice and deliver
– Positioning/Image Desire to Travel
Why do people travel?
– Wish to visit someplace exotic or
– Stimulation and gathering of
– Pursuit of hobby The business of providing Identify a Target Segment &
Research, Research, Research!!
– Amer. Society of Travel
– Journal of Travel Research
– Fam. Trip Internal Research
– Exit surveys “Must haves”
– Extensive and varied
– Variety of dining choices Advertising
The travel agent – Free service and WAS only
connection Relationship Marketing
– Reward programs
– Branding beds Agencies Alternative Destinations
Theme Parks Chapter 10
Location-Based Entertainment and Experiential
Branding Location Based Entertainment
L ocation Out of home and message to medium
What went wrong? Retail mall model
Entertainment retail – CEC’s LBE
L BE Experiential Branding
What is branding?
Give us something different!
Bringing the brand to life Experiential Branding Offers
Atmosphere to see, feel, touch, Experience that locks in memories with brand
Image to investors demonstrating commitment
Platform for introductions
Employee pride For Success
Must drive repeat visitors
Must be refreshed
Staff must be part of brand
Must offer value Things to Think About
T hings ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 09/16/2011 for the course MAR 4715 taught by Professor Howatt,j during the Fall '08 term at University of Central Florida.
- Fall '08