This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: The People, Power, and Players
Nicole Howatt What Does it Take?
Where to market the product?
When Product Life Cycle
– The 3 P’s
– Everyone involved in marketing - from the idea
generation to the final finished product to the
merchandising and spin-offs
Funds needed to run the business, produce
the product, etc…
the – Social Players
– The People with the Power
– Decisions made by CEO (or similar figure) with advice
– Recurring and consistent decisions, normally made by
marketing team with approval of executive
– Costs skyrocketing, finished product has a serious delay,
etc… and no one wants to make a decision
– Not a good sign if decisions aren’t able to be made Relying on Research
Limited time to gather and analyze
Technology has allowed for more continuous
collection and easier “on the spot” collection
– Ability to pursue more niche marketing Tailoring The Team and the
President of Licensing
Young & Rubicam Making the Deal and Getting it done
Requires social capital
– Within and outside the organization With such a limited time frame, knowing who
and how is vital to the “right” type of
Concerns for consistency and reaching the
intended target market
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 09/16/2011 for the course MAR 4715 taught by Professor Howatt,j during the Fall '08 term at University of Central Florida.
- Fall '08