Unformatted text preview: over
which they have no control
– tend to absolve themselves of responsibility Difference between proactivity
– work on things they can do something about
– accept responsibility, hold themselves accountable,
and become better for it.
– Acknowledge mistakes immediately, correct them
and learn from them.
and Forms of empowerment
– U.S. Navy formally empowers a leader
– This enables him/her to execute their billet or project
assignment to its fullest
– Comes in the form of
support Forms of empowerment
– Informal empowerment is essential to
– Much more than just being given authority
– The process of ensuring the subordinate feels
like a genuine part of the organization and
responsible for its success.
responsible Relationship between
empowerment and proactivity
A proactive leader can empower his/her subordinat...
View Full Document
- Fall '08
- Management, good follower