64 - She wants to obtain the maximum legal benefit. a....

Info iconThis preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
18. A taxpayer is married with a qualifying child (dependent), but she has been living separate from her spouse for the last eight months of the year. However, she paid for more than half of the cost of keeping up the household. Her spouse does not want to file jointly. What filing status must she use when filing her tax return?
Background image of page 1
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: She wants to obtain the maximum legal benefit. a. Married filing separately b. Single c. Head of Household d. Qualifying Widow(er) Answer: c. A taxpayer is considered unmarried for purposes of this section if the spouse was living apart during the last six months of the tax year....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 09/16/2011 for the course ACCT 145 taught by Professor Eric during the Spring '11 term at Palm Beach Community College.

Ask a homework question - tutors are online