This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: DNA
DNA 0. Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid
1. Double Chain of nucleotides 2. Nitrogen bases 0. Purines: adenine and guanine
1. Pyrimidines: thymine and cytosine
adenine and thymine
guanine and cytosine DNA structure 3. Double helix
4. Unzips down the center
5. Hydrogen bonds holding the bases together are broken
5. DNA replication
6. Semiconservative replication 3. Half of the original strand is used in the making of a
4. The original strand is complimented with new parts to
make the new portion....
View Full Document
- Spring '09