Unformatted text preview: DNA
DNA 0. Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid
1. Double Chain of nucleotides 2. Nitrogen bases 0. Purines: adenine and guanine
1. Pyrimidines: thymine and cytosine
adenine and thymine
guanine and cytosine DNA structure 3. Double helix
4. Unzips down the center
5. Hydrogen bonds holding the bases together are broken
5. DNA replication
6. Semiconservative replication 3. Half of the original strand is used in the making of a
4. The original strand is complimented with new parts to
make the new portion....
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 09/24/2011 for the course BSC 1005 taught by Professor Vanden during the Spring '09 term at Broward College.
- Spring '09