Practice Exam - Practice Exam: 1. You toss three fair dice....

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Practice Exam: 1. You toss three fair dice. What is the probability that the three dice do not all three show the same number? Solved in class 2. Suppose that 30% of all houses need a paint job. Also, 15% of all houses need both a paint job and a new roof. Further, 7% of all houses that need a new roof also need new windows. Assume that 50% of all houses that do not need a new paint job do need a new roof. What is the probability that a randomly selected house needs a new roof? Solved in class 3. Of the patients of a hospital, 30% of the redheads have had skin cancer, and 20% of the non- redheads have had skin cancer. Also, 40% of the patients are redheads. Solved in class (a). What is the probability that a random patient there has had skin cancer? (b). Patient Joe has cancer; what is the probability that he is a redhead? 4. Two of the cards of an ordinary deck of 52 cards are lost. What is the probability that a random card drawn from this (defective) deck is a spade? Solved in class 5. I tell you that, for two events A and B, P(A) = 4/5, P(B | A) = 1/2, and that A and B are NOT independent. (They are dependent.) For each statement, say “True”, “False”, or “Can't Tell”. Solved in class
Background image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Page1 / 3

Practice Exam - Practice Exam: 1. You toss three fair dice....

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online