Lecture 2 Notes - Transcription of Dr Wayne's Lecture A few...

Info icon This preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
1/24/07 Transcription of Dr. Wayne’s Lecture A few hints about studying for BioG110 this semester : If Randy states something is important during lecture, then you will be sure to see it on the exam! He will also be true to his word in using the study questions posted before and after each lecture to help him write exams [60% of your prelims will be made up of the questions posted for each lecture]. The remaining 40% of your prelim questions will be made up of questions relating to the study questions &/OR concepts he points out as important during lecture. Use the detailed ppt slides [posted on Blackboard] and transcribed lecture notes to help you answer study questions and review questions. There will be many slides, therefore, don’t just memorize all of them…use them to help you answer study questions and review questions. Use your textbook as a supplemental resource. Additional hints for studying BioG110 material: You will not be required to know dates for the exams You will only be responsible for memorizing & knowing the importance of people Randy includes in his pre & post lecture study questions [see Blackboard site]. What important knowledge (facts & concepts) is gained from the experiments highlighted during lecture? What is Science? (ppt Clicker Question): Philosophically, from which perspective do you answer the question, What is Life? Based on what you’ve learned so far, why are any of the following choices acceptable answers??? While studying, think about how this question reflects on the theme for today’s lecture. A) 100% materialist, human beings are nothing more than a complicated arrangement of atoms held together by electromagnetic forces B) leaning toward materialism C) agnostic D) leaning toward vitalism E) 100% vitalist, in addition to atoms, human beings contain a vital force, sprit or soul.
Image of page 1

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Image of page 2
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

{[ snackBarMessage ]}

What students are saying

  • Left Quote Icon

    As a current student on this bumpy collegiate pathway, I stumbled upon Course Hero, where I can find study resources for nearly all my courses, get online help from tutors 24/7, and even share my old projects, papers, and lecture notes with other students.

    Student Picture

    Kiran Temple University Fox School of Business ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    I cannot even describe how much Course Hero helped me this summer. It’s truly become something I can always rely on and help me. In the end, I was not only able to survive summer classes, but I was able to thrive thanks to Course Hero.

    Student Picture

    Dana University of Pennsylvania ‘17, Course Hero Intern

  • Left Quote Icon

    The ability to access any university’s resources through Course Hero proved invaluable in my case. I was behind on Tulane coursework and actually used UCLA’s materials to help me move forward and get everything together on time.

    Student Picture

    Jill Tulane University ‘16, Course Hero Intern