Unformatted text preview: victim losses. Community volunteers are
trained in victim offender mediation skills, with an emphasis upon the use of victim sensitive
communication and procedures. Balanced and Restorative Justice for Juveniles 47 APPENDIX II
Customers of Juvenile Justice: Yardsticks for Restorative Justice VICTIMS
Do victims experience justice?
* Do victims have sufficient opportunities
for them to tell their truth to relevant
* Is the injustice adequately acknowledged?
* Are victims sufficiently protected against
* Do victims’ families receive adequate
assistance and support?
* Does the outcome adequately reflect the
severity of the offense?
* Do victims receive adequate information
about the crime, the offender, and the legal
* Do victims have a voice in the legal
* Are other needs- material, psychological,
* Is there an opportunity for victims and
offenders to meet, if appropriate?
• Is there an opportunity for victims and
offenders to exchange information about
the event and abou...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 02/01/2011 for the course CRJU 4230 taught by Professor Derekallen during the Spring '10 term at Georgia State.
- Spring '10