This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: Homework 9/12
1. Refer to your text, Section 2.7, Problem 1.
(a) Use the graph to ﬁnd the secant slope on each of the following intervals:
vi. [−0.3, 0]
[0, 0.3] (b) Make a table of your secant slopes and use it to guess the tangent slope at the point P1 .
2. Refer to your text, Section 2.7, Problem 2.
(a) Choose three points on each side of P1 . For each choice compute the secant slope between
your point and P1 .
(b) Make a table of of your secant slopes and guess the tangent slope at P1 .
3. Repeat Problem 2 for P2 .
4. Section 2.7; work Problems 11-21 odd.
5. Graph the function f (x) = |x|. Using this function, repeat the secant slope exercise from
Problem 1. Try to guess the tangent slope at the point (0, 0). 1 ...
View Full Document