This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full content.
Unformatted text preview: UTP As A Platform Of Islamic Leadership
UTP As A Platform Of Islamic Leadership
Nasibah bt Hartono
‘Izzati Zahidah bt Othman
Syarifah Nor Faizah bt Syed Abd Rahman What is Islamic Leadership? What is Islamic Leadership?
• a person or a group that will lead humanity from the brink of destruction to the way of Allah the Almighty. Importance of Islamic Leadership:
• To produce fair and justice management
• Organize activities that are benefit for the community, not something which is ‘lagha’
• Have the authority to stop any action that is against Islamic Law Difference between Islamic and secular Difference between Islamic and secular leadership:
• Secular leadership's target is self
establishment. Islamic Leadership's target is Jannatul Firdaws (Highest position in Paradise) • Secular leaderships work for the respect of people. Islamic Leaderships work for the pleasure of Allah. BASIC NEEDS FOR ISLAMIC LEADERS:
BASIC NEEDS FOR ISLAMIC LEADERS:
• I'lm (Knowledge): alQur'an, alHadith, Islamic Literature • Iman (Faith)
• taqwa (consciousness of Allah) • A'mal (Deeds): salah with khushoo (humility), night prayers, remembrance of Allah, du'a (supplication), infaaq (spending in the way of Allah), voluntary fasting, etc.
QUALITIES OF AN ISLAMIC LEADER:
• Courageous • Sincere (ikhlaas) • Humane • Organized • Determined • Hardworking • Punctual • Good conduct
• Good in academic • 4.58: Surely Allah commands you to make over trusts to their owners and that when you judge between people you judge with justice; surely Allah admonishes you with what is excellent; surely Allah is Seeing, Hearing • 4.59: O you who believe! obey Allah and obey the Messenger and those in authority from among you; then if you quarrel about anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, if you believe in Allah and the last day; this is better and very good in the end. How far UTP contribute in How far UTP contribute in producing Islamic leaders? • Organization Rakan Masjid
• Co curriculum Basic Islamic
• Course Islamic Studies (I&II)
• Facilities Mosque Complex & Surau RAKAN MASJID
• To build ‘bi’ah solehah’
Mission: • To get full participation from students
• To enhance ‘tarbiyah’ of RM members
• To help enhancing academic achievement of Muslim students Leadership Structure of RM
Leadership Structure of RM
Majlis Tertinggi President | Vice President(Muslimin)
| Vice President 1 (Muslimat)
| Vice President 2 (Muslimat)
| Secretary 1(Muslimin)
| Secretary 2(Muslimat)
Treasurer Majlis Eksekutif
Secretary Treasurer Lajnah
Tarbiyah -activities at
Akademik -reading materials
at suarau v2
of past years tests,
quiz, & exams. Lajnah
(Outdoor) -motivation at
-RM’s Family Day Lajnah
(Publishing) -publish Suara
-multimedia class Lajnah
(Communication) -kursus pengurusan AJK
-promote Heart 4
Islam n Minggu
-recruit tanzim for
surau v2 & v4
-iftar at Masjid
an-Nur Islamic Studies cocurriculum
Islamic Studies cocurriculum
• Islamic Studies cocurriculum, or Amalan Asas Islam, is under the cocurricular program in general section. The cocurricular program is compulsory for all students and to inculcate diverse interests and develop students’ potential to complement their academic attainment. • In Amalan Asas Islam, students learn about the principles of Islam. They are given notes in order to learn the basis of Islam in Fardhu Ain level. • The learning outcomes of Amalan Asas Islam covers the basic things, such as: 1. Getting knowledge about AlQuran and its messages from surah.
2. Knowing and using tajwid in order to fix Al
3. Knowing solat perfectly and doing what is obligatory and optional.
4. Learning how to take care of human corpse from facing the death, bathing the corpse, covering with kafan, doing the prayer, and making the grave, which are Islamic society’s responsibilities. Islamic Studies Course
Islamic Studies Course
• Islamic Studies Course in UTP is a university requirement for all students. • In this course, students achieve a higher level of knowledge. They move on toward giving opinion and analysis about Islamic system and issues. • The subject synopsis for Islamic Studies Course is Islam & Basic Concept, Islam as Religion and Civilization, Islamic Management, Islamic Political System, Islamic State, Islamic Educational System, and The concept of Society in Islam • In Islamic Studies Course, students learn how to:
1. explain Islam as a civilization and a complete and balance way of life which contributes to the development of life and nation.
2. discuss the continuous misconception on Islam particularly in its role to society in the past, current and future.
3. explain how human values based on Islamic institution and culture can play a role in leading to quality society life in the globalization, industrialization and rapid economic development process.
4. to describe the potential and ability of Islamic Civilization to overcome challenges to be faced by Malaysian society in the realization of Vision 2020. • In Islamic Studies course, student assessment also covers assignment and project where students can explore social lives and help others. They plan social activities at social places and give benefits to people. This course gives us more experience in society, whereas in Islamic Studies cocurriculum the students get the basic things about Islam. Mosque
Mosque -daily solah
-open to public
Mosque -less official
Room -provide source
-not fully open
Room -meeting room Administration
Office -manage the
whole complex “UTP AS A PLATFORM FOR ISLAMIC LEADERSHIP”
70 65 Per centage (%) 60
40 35 30
agree disagree COMMENTS
• Many UTP students don’t have sufficient knowledge •
• about Islam. So, how can they be Islamic leaders
Islamic lifestyle are not being practiced widely in UTP
Too much freedom, no limit time to go out, internet being misused
UTP has sufficient facilities for organizing Islamic activities
Need to organize more activities and improve the way to educate students about Islamic leadership CONCLUSION
CONCLUSION • UTP can be a platform for Islamic leadership because the university prepares us the Islamic education, facilities, organization and activities but the Muslim students do not concern about the benefit that they get here. They are more concern about entertainments and lack of awareness about Islamic lifestyle. ...
View Full Document
This note was uploaded on 08/08/2009 for the course CHEMICAL 11189 taught by Professor Dr.azmi during the Spring '09 term at International University in Germany.
- Spring '09