review_final

review_final - Review for Final Exam Part I: Overview and...

Info iconThis preview shows pages 1–2. Sign up to view the full content.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon

Info iconThis preview has intentionally blurred sections. Sign up to view the full version.

View Full DocumentRight Arrow Icon
This is the end of the preview. Sign up to access the rest of the document.

Unformatted text preview: Review for Final Exam Part I: Overview and Study Tips Exam conditions will be as before: Closed-book; no-notes; blank scratch paper allowed; cal- culator recommended. But graphing calculator not necessary. There will be no formula sheet allowed or provided. You are expected to have all derivative rules memorized, as well as formulas that are intrinsic to calculus. These are listed below or in previous review sheets. There is only one trig identity that you need to know: sin 2 x + cos 2 x = 1. You will need to know some basic geometry and precalculus formulas, but I can guarantee that you will not encounter anything on the final that has not appeared repeatedly in homework and old exam problems. The final exam will have more problems than your regular exams. Expect something like 1416 problems instead of the usual 810. If you are suitably prepared for the final there should be nothing that is unfamiliar. All problems should remind you of problems from past exams or homework. There will be no last problem that asks you to do something you havent done before. The intent is that all problems will be familiar. You are expected to recognize them and work them more quickly than on the other exams. Approximately 70%80% of your final exam will be material from the first 13 weeks of the semester. The remaining 20%30% will be from the last two weeks....
View Full Document

This note was uploaded on 10/11/2011 for the course MATH 170 taught by Professor Staff during the Spring '08 term at Boise State.

Page1 / 4

review_final - Review for Final Exam Part I: Overview and...

This preview shows document pages 1 - 2. Sign up to view the full document.

View Full Document Right Arrow Icon
Ask a homework question - tutors are online